Modern Olympics, or Olympic Games, are the top international sporting event comprising both winter and summer sports competitions. This summer, during the Tokyo Olympics, Maveris hosted a digital “olympic” event for the employees to interact and compete with each other in a series of digital activities. While the Olympic Games are often celebrated by countries around the world with great enthusiasm, one such event doesn’t get quite as much attention from the masses: The Paralympic Games.
In keeping with our admiration of the Olympics and our dedication to Veterans, the leadership team here at Maveris wanted to show their support and honor the US Olympians of the Tokyo Paralympic Games. The leadership team donated funds to the Team USA Fund which supports the Paralympic Foundation by providing monetary prizes in honor of the winners.
Here’s the breakdown of the donations per individual:
$30 for Gold
$20 for Silver
$10 for Bronze
The prize was doubled if the athlete who placed was an Active Duty or Veteran athlete.
Through this commitment and the amazing accomplishments of the athletes in the competitions, Maveris was able to donate $2,320 to the Team USA Fund!
Maveris CEO, Ron Cangley, offers a special congratulations to the Active Duty and Veteran service members listed below who medaled in their respective events:
- Active Duty – Army – Elizabeth Marks – Swimming -Women’s 100m Backstroke S6
- Veteran – Army – Shawn Morelli – Cycling – Women’s C4 Time Trial
- Veteran – Navy – Brad Snyder – Triathlon – Men’s PTVI
- Active Duty – Army – Elizabeth Marks – Swimming – Women’s 50m Freestyle – S6
- Veteran – Army – Shawn Morelli – Cycling – Women’s C4 3000m Individual Pursuit
- Veteran – Marine – Ray Hennagir – Wheelchair Rugby [Mixed]
- Active Duty – Army – Elizabeth Marks – Swimming – Women’s 50m Butterfly – S6
- Veteran – Army – Freddie De Los Santos – Cycling – Mixed H1-5 Team Relay
- Veteran – Air Force – Ryan Pinney – Cycling – Mixed H1-5 Team Relay
Maveris is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Information Technology and Cybersecurity services to partners in large and small government, non-profit, and private agencies. To learn more about Maveris please visit us on LinkedIn and be sure to check out our job openings.